Regular Activities held in Eassie & Nevay Hall
The following regular classes/events take place at the hall.
Yoga (Main Hall)
- Monday: Weekly classes each Monday from September – May are as follows:
- 3.30pm – 5.00pm with Aileen Davidson
- 6.00pm – 7.30pm with Joyce Brown
- 7.45pm – 9.00pm Men’s yoga class with Joyce Brown
The charges for classes are £5.00 pay as you go or £4.00 block booking discount paid in advance.
Contact Jane Brewster 01307 840 839 for further details or to enrol.
Pilates (Main Hall)
- Wednesday: 9.30am – 10.30am, weekly class each Wednesday all year
Friendly weekly class providing exercise for people all levels of fitness to encourage strength and suppleness of the body. Our coach, Laura Deacon, is an experienced fitness trainer who provides exercises at varying levels to suit all abilities.
Charge is £5.00 per week on a pay as you go basis.
Contact Laura Deacon 07910 125 490 for further information
Table Tennis (Main Hall)
- Thursday: 7.30pm – 9.30pm, weekly each Thursday (September – June)
Open to all over 18 years of age, no experience needed. There are two tables and equipment is provided. We play both singles and doubles games on an informal basis, dependant on the number present each week.
Charge is £3.00 per week.
Contact Philip Jenkins 01307 840 215 for more information
Art club (Strathview Room)
- Saturday: 10.00am – 12 noon on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month (September – June)
The art group is a friendly Group of mixed abilities, many beginners enjoying dabbling, using mainly watercolours and acrylics. No experience is required as we will enjoy helping you to get started. We have a core number of 10 with members coming when they are free.
We charge £3.00 per session with tea/coffee and biscuits ad lib. For the past few years we have had an excellent teacher in Shona Barr (local artist) who joined us occasionally and showed us a wide range of skills helping us to extend and challenge our abilities in painting. Sadly this has come to an end but we hope we can find someone else to come along and give us some tuition at times.
If you are looking for a relaxing, enjoyable morning hobby for the coming months come and join us. All you need is some paper, paints and brushes (these can be supplied to begin with until you see if you would like to carry on). We subscribe to the SAA Magazine (motto “to inform, encourage and inspire”) which gives tips and ideas and also has a discounted catalogue for artist supplies. These magazines, along with a collection of art books, are always on hand.
A £3.00 charge per class is levied to cover materials and hall rental.
Contact person: Linda Breckenridge.
Email: email@example.com. Telephone 01307 840 323.
Community Drop-In (Strathview Room)
- Wednesday: 10.00am – 11.30am on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month (September – June)
Informal gathering open to all including pilates class members. Meet up with members of the community and enjoy a tea\coffee and a chat.
Garden Club (Strathview Room)
- Wednesday: 10.00am – 11.30am at the Community Drop-In on the 2nd Wednesday of the month (September – June)
The gardening club is a group of interested gardeners with a resident expert. We meet at the hall on the second Wednesday of each month (September – June). This is a catch up meeting and also looks to manage the hall gardens.
- Thursday: 2.00pm – 4.00pm on the fourth Thursday of the month we go to one of the members gardens. On a walk round the garden, our expert Lesley Barnett talks us through seasonal tasks and afterwards sends out an email of tasks for the month. This is followed by tea and biscuits.
In the year that we have been meeting we are becoming more knowledgeable and confident in our gardens and hopefully we will see the product of this in coming years. All welcome, no experience required!
Contact Linda Treliving 07739 092 831 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Eassie & Nevay WRI meeting (Strathview Room)
- Wednesday: 7.30pm – 9.30pm on the 1st Wednesday of the month (September – May)
Eassie & Nevay WRI meet monthly with a variety of talks and demonstrations. Anyone is welcome to come along as a visitor to any of the meetings they are interested in without joining. The subject of each meeting is intimated on the ENKCA events calendar.
Alternatively for further information contact Jennifer Thompson at email@example.com.
Strathmore Angling Improvement Association (Strathview Room)
- Monday: 7.30pm – 9.00pm on the 2nd Monday of the month.
Contact Graham McIntosh 01382 737 938 for further information.
Opposite are our regular events and classes. Please feel free to pop by and join in. Contact the relevant person for further information. We look forward to seeing you.
The Strathview Room
The Main Hall